Monday, October 5, 2020

Holiday video fun!

At Wienot Films, we have had a great time making various holiday videos, maybe we can make one for you? Here are a few examples of what we've done in the past.

Each holiday provides some fun ideas and opportunities for some cool visuals. During the production of this video I took on the initial editing responsibilities and worked on extending my tool box. It was a real challenge to have the characters move in a way that would resemble the unique attributes of each character's personality. There was a steep learning curve but it was an exciting adventure to see each individual come to life and see them move! 

This one had a little extra as we were trying out the skills of another animator and we got a fantastic video to share with you! The unique style of animation is one that we do not often use as it quickly raises the price of the video but when the budget is adequate for this sort of movement the results are stunning. 
This was an early attempt of mine at the holiday fun and trying to get lots of characters on a single sheet! I have not presented these videos in an order that represents the date they were published to the world and this video was early in my learning curve of the whiteboard medium. On top of that fun I think this had the additional challenge for the first time of trying to invert the colors/light. It was quite the equation to not get confused with the all too simple compliment of colors. 
This video was both a great success of mine to create a cool illustration but it also contains a small but glaring goof of mine. I had a character style that I was enjoying using and the turkey was a creation based on reference from real turkeys and some other cartoon images to see how other artists solved the challenge of turning a turkey into a cartoon. I wanted to have a pilgrim sitting on a turkey going on a hunt. I thought the basic idea was fun enough but my biggest challenge, the one that got me in the most trouble was that I couldn't lose the concept that he needed to be sitting in a saddle. There wasn't much to be able to see the saddle except for the saddle horn. That's where I got in trouble! We were well into production and at the time I was not doing the editing and there were lots of reasons I could give for needing the saddle horn but when my boss showed it to a few people they loved the video except for the 'thing' coming out of the pilgrims crotch. I guess it does look too much like something that would be horribly inappropriate if it really were something anatomical coming from his crotch but the concept of riding a saddle won out and now I would love to go back and fix this if I could!

No comments: