Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sketch book









Here are a few sketchbook pages from a day of sketching when I had the pleasure of sitting through six to eight hours of lecture that is required of a soldier every year.  It wasn't that the powerpoint presentations didn't have important information or that the command didn't think it was important... I think it was the idea that I got board too quick from the speaker speaking in an uninteresting speaker-ish way.

I was thrilled when, as usual, I had a overprotective and hyperactive NCO tell me that my drawings may be cute but I should pay better attention. It is pretty common for too many to think that visual note-taking is not a viable form of 'paying attention'! I did pay attention and I did draw some drawings too. What fun it is.


No comments: