Monday, May 20, 2019

Chinese New Year



Why would I want to talk about Chinese new Year in May? First of all I just recently had the pleasure of accompanying a friend to the Maker Faire in the Bay Area. 14 years ago I had the opportunity to learn Mandarin Chinese over in Monterey, CA and on a few occasions I ran over to the Bay Area to visit China Town San Francisco. It was quite fun for me as at that time in my life I had not been outside the country and this was the highlight of seeing other cultures for me. I had so much fun attempting to speak Chinese with all the good folks in China Town and enjoy the fun food offered in the Chinese Food restaurants in the area. I was not in the area for China Town New Year now was my visit to the Bay Area in May over Chinese New Year but the trip this time was filled with lots of hearing, listening to, and speaking just a enough of Chinese to again get me excited to try and better my proficiency in the intricate and amazing language. 

As I looked back on the fun videos I have worked on at Wienot Films and this one was a favorite. I got to do a large portion of the actual directing and worked directly with the illustrator and animator to get to the final product. I believe it is a great example of the sort of animated video that would work well on someones landing page or the style that could be a amazing explanatory video. It was a fun change from the normal whiteboard animations we produce and one that we look forward to making more of in the future. 

No matter what time of year it is, I wish you a happy time to celebrate, what ever time it is!

No comments: