Monday, March 3, 2008

ZOMBIE PENGUIN!


I thought this was the coolest little head, sort of weird eyes. More importantly I wanted to share a few thoughts that I had from a not so recent trip to L A with the multi-media department from UVSC. I don't know if this will help any of you not in the art industry but I wanted to share them in order to review them myself. I will include the thoughts that I also had on how they apply to everyday life as I see it.
1. Show off as many skills as possible at the same time. How well can you do what ever you are doing?
2. Make each mark say exactly what it is suppose to say. Is what you are saying and how you are saying it tell the story you want said?
3. The more time you spend drawing on something the more correct to the model it should look. If you do something, make it worth doing.
4. Exagerate the pose. When you perform an act, perferably and act of kindness really make it count, don't just do it half way.
5. In the portfolio, always pick your best work and make it bigger and better. In life, we always have the choice of what we will do, make it a good choice.
As you can see I tried to liken the ideas that the story board artist from Disney shared with me during a critic of my gesture book. It was great to talk to him and hear all he had to say. The representative from Dream works told us for our portfolio we should have life drawings, a little demonstration we can animate a walk, and fully demonstrate our ability to pick up any other cartoon style and create with that. I think I could handle the Cali weather, just got to find a way to pay for it.

No comments: