Thursday, March 7, 2013

Weird cat update

Not sure if I have shared the cat but I just wanted to add that my wife really loves walking down the hallway and this s,all painting will catch her attention and give her a little startle.

Also I would like to take this opportunity to share a challenge to be more creative: don't turn the tv off, contrary to most popular advice on the subject. Simply watch it differently - mindfully, openly, actively. Question plot choices and acting styles. Pause and challenge yourself to come up with a better plot twist or to appreciate a particularly lovely musical composition.

I guess you don't have to change what you are doing and not to say that a change of attitude will be the answer to all the creativity problems we encounter but just thinking a little different or thinking a little more can make a difference. Take the experiences you are having in your own life and give them a twist.

Just for the record I borrowed some reference on this one from Don Seegmiller . He is a great digital and traditional painter. I think the cat he painted was digital. I used traditional acrylic on a piece of laminate flooring! 

2 comments:

Stooball said...

Don Seegmiller is a good artist to emulate ;)

James Hoopes said...

Good eye, happy you noticed and I agree he is a great artist to emulate. Thanks for the comment!